Decyl glucoside is a mild non-ionic surfactant that is obtained from renewable raw materials, through a combination of plant based fatty alcohols. Surfactants work by lowering the surface tension of products they’re added to, helping them remove dirt and oils more effectively while stabilizing oil and water mixtures.
Decyl glucoside has an ability to lather easily and thicken while retaining skin moisture even when used repeatedly. Additionally, it helps to prevent skin dryness. All of these great features make an ideal ingredient for skin cleansers and shampoos.
Here are some other benefits:
Retains moisture in the skin and hair, even when used repeatedly
- It has excellent foaming capacity
- It is extremely environmentally-friendly; biodegradable
- This ingredient is far less likely to cause skin irritation than other types of surfactants
- It is often used in anti–dandruff shampoo treatments
- Gentle for all hair types
- Unlike most surfactants, it is derived from natural sources
Nature’s Baby Organics chooses ingredients for our products that are not only gentle for your families skin but help to keep it healthy. Instead of using harsh chemicals, we select only some of nature’s finest ingredients.